good face cream can work wonders, but it's equally important to nourish
your skin from the inside out. Below, I present four delicious foods
packed with essential nutrients to keep your skin looking radiant and
Bauer-Joy's Healthy Bite)
1. Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potatoes are a dynamite source of beta-carotene (their bright orange color is a dead giveaway). Your body converts beta-carotene to vitamin A, a nutrient that helps to continually generate new, healthy skin cells.
* Hot Pages
* Top 6 Skinny Foods
* The 7 foods experts won't eate
I like to turn sweet potatoes into crispy oven-baked French fries. Cut peeled potatoes into ¼-inch strips and spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with oil spray. Mist the fries with oil spray and season with salt, black pepper, or any other seasonings (ground cinnamon, curry powder, and chili powder are all fun options). Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes, flipping the fries halfway through. I finish my fries under the broiler for 5 minutes to get them extra crispy!
2. Balsamic Carrots
Like sweet potatoes, carrots come equipped with a generous supply of beta-carotene. In addition to its pivotal role in skin cell renewal, beta-carotene acts as a potent antioxidant, sopping up damaging free radicals that accelerate skin aging.
Fend off wrinkles with my recipe for Roasted Balsamic Carrots. Cut 1 pound of peeled carrots into 1/2-inch wedges. Spread the carrots over half of a large sheet of aluminum foil, and sprinkle them with ¼ cup balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary, 2 cloves minced garlic, ¼ teaspoon paprika, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the carrots with 1 tablespoon olive oil and fold the foil over to create a tightly sealed packet. Place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 25 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
3. Spinach Marinara
Spinach delivers a triple of dose of wrinkle-fighting antioxidants: vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta-carotene. All three work in concert to protect your skin from the sun's UV rays so it stays vibrant and healthy.
Make a quick spinach marinara sauce by wilting fresh spinach leaves into a pot of simmering tomato sauce, then serve over pasta or grilled chicken cutlets.
4. Toasted Pecans
Pecans are one of a short list of foods rich in Vitamin E, a nutrient that's vital to skin health. By forming a protective barrier in the cell membranes of your skin, the vitamin E in pecans helps to ward off harmful free radicals and therefore helps to keep skin firm and elastic.
Pecans are delicious on their own, but toasting them makes them incredibly buttery and rich...they're like candy! Spread pecans on an ungreased baking sheet and toast them in a preheated 350 degree oven (or a toaster oven) for about 10 minutes (watch them closely to make sure they don't burn). Enjoy them whole as a scrumptious snack, or chop them up and sprinkle them into oatmeal or low-fat yogurt.
* Gisele naked with another man
* Hot Pages
* Steve Martin Sings An Atheist Gospel Song (VIDEO)
* Taylor Momsen Topless in Concert! (Video)
* Hottest Chick Taylor Momsen...
* Who's that Pixie haired Girl
* Naomi Watts nude on hotel balcony photos
* Kim Kardashian W Magazine
* Wikileaks Founder Walks out (Video))
* UDFy-38135539... The oldest galaxy
* Secret Jesus Bible Codes on U.S. Military Weapons (Video)
* Gliese 581: First exoplanet that has the potential to support life (Video)
* October 13 UFO (Video)
* Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Trailer (Video)
* Roddick's imitations of Sharapova (Video)
* Nadal 360 Spin Shot (Video)
* Roger Federer Between The Legs Shot (Video)
* Kim Kardashian: I'm 'totally Fine' After Bar Fight
* 100 Sexiest Kim Kardashian (video)
* Megan Fox's sexy Video
* Reutimann delivers payback hit (Video)
* Gliese 581: The first potentially habitable exoplanet (Video)
* Monster smile, Jimmie Johnson is back (Video)
* The Look Armstrong - Ullrich (Video)
* Lady Gaga-inspired Lenny, Gossip Raccoon Taylor Momsen, Rihanna, Gwen Stefani.
* Lady GaGa's new tat Born This Way
* From Lady to the Senate (Video)
* Rocket Ronnie O'Sullivan 147 (Video)
* Lady Meatt
* PETA VS. LadyGaGa
* Lady CaCa Video
* Lady GaGa and ex-boyfriend...
* Jump from hotel balconies (Video)
* Mark Renshaw's Headbutts show (Video)
* End of the Tour de Lance (Video)
* While Cadel Evans gently weeps (Video)
* Top 6 Skinny Foodss
* 8 Craziest health rumorss
* Bob Burnquist 900degree (Video)
* Nascar @ Atlanta (Video)
* Shoya Tomizawa crash (Video)
* Hawking Vs. The God
* R.I.P Laurent Fignon...
* End of the World: Apophis (Video))
* Boom De Yada Ah Dah (Video)
* Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
* Hot Pages
* Dallas star calls for solar energy (Video)...
* Miguel Ángel Jiménez Amazing Off the Wall Shot (Video)
* Greece VS. Serbia: Boxketball!
* A raging bull jumped into the packed grandstands of a bullring and ran amok (Video))
* Shaq VS Sugar Shane Mosley, Shaq VS Penn & Teller (Video)
* King LeBron throws down dunk against kids (Video)
* PosterLeBron: Dunk over King (Video)
* DAVID_LYNCH: I've fallen in love with Lisse (Video)
* Lindsay Lohan's video
* Yellow lobster 1 in 30 million (Video)
* Schumacher, dangerous move on Barrichello (Video)
* Hello boys and girls, or whatever... (Video)
* Lady Gaga has become the first living person to...
* Mayan Calendar Dresden Codexx
* Matador arrested after running away from bullfight (Video))
* Nascar Daytona Coke Zero 400 Crash (Video)
* Lady GaGa original Telephone
* Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima topless in shoot
* How Heidi Klum is so hot? (Video)
* 4 Foods to Help You Look Years Youngerr
* The 7 foods experts won't eat